Monday, February 24, 2014

Noteworthy Statements Made to Me By Others In The Period Since May 1987

---"No one is brainwashing you. You are brainwashing yourself, John." -- Michael Stephens, editor of the "Lockhart Post-Register" general-circulation newspaper based in Lockhart, Texas, during a long-distance phone call I made in 1988 or 1987 from my parents' home in Westlake Hills, Texas, to the Lockhart newspaper office of Michael Stephens, a former coworker of mine at "The Daily Texan" student newspaper at UT-Austin.

---"I (Mrs. Phyllis Gardner McMillan, a kindly native of Iowa) already know how this is going to turn out, so I am not worried about it." --- Mrs. Phyllis Gardner McMillan, my biological mother, during a long-distance phone call I made in 1989 or 1990 to Mother's and Father's home in Westlake Hills, Texas, from my rental duplex-apartment unit in West Texas---an apartment unit in which I lived alone in Big Spring, Texas. I was a full-time regional-beat reporter for "The Big Spring Herald" daily newspaper during that same time period.

---"The primary intent behind the manipulative circumstances in your own life these days is for your own intellectual benefit" (a near-exact quote, with the word 'manipulative' being an exact ver batim quote of his comment to me). -- Kent Neal McMillan, my oldest biological brother, during a long-distance phone call I made in 1990 or 1991 to Kent's and his wife's home in Austin, Texas, from Sweetwater, Texas, where I was employed full-time during that time period as an education-beat reporter and Roscoe-football-beat sports reporter for "The Sweetwater Reporter" daily newspaper. It is possible that the exact wording of the statement that Kent volunteered to me in that early 1990s long-distance phone conversation was instead: "The primary intent behind the manipulative circumstances in your own life these days is for your EDUCATIONAL benefit." In my entire life, I myself have never requested any "educational" services violating my own privacy rights in any way.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please Leave Your Comments Here.