Tuesday, October 13, 2015

TEXAS DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC SAFETY STATE AGENCY, A FORMER EMPLOYER OF MINE IN AUSTIN, STATES IN JULY 12, 2001, SIGNED OFFICIAL STATE AGENCY REPLY LETTER THAT THE DPS HAS NO RECORD OF ANY ILLEGAL ELECTRONIC SURVEILLANCE OF MYSELF, JOHN KEVIN MCMILLAN OF AUSTIN, AT ANY TIME SINCE MARCH 1986


(EDITOR'S NOTE: The following is the exact verbatim text of a signed 2001 legal reply letter to myself, John Kevin McMillan of Austin, from the Office of General Counsel of the Texas Department of Public Safety state agency headquarters complex in north Austin.

I was employed for 12 consecutive months, from the fall of 1997 through the fall of 1998, as a full-time clerical employee of the Texas Department of Public Safety state headquarters Motor Carrier Bureau along Guadalupe Street in Austin. I was never fired from my position of employment with that state agency, and I did in fact resign from my position there in late 1998. I left the DPS a matter of weeks after Major Burroughs of the DPS Motor Carrier Bureau staff advised me during a discreet one-to-one meeting he requested of me inside his DPS office in 1998 to myself apply to work instead as a legal secretary for the Attorney General of Texas, Major Burroughs stated to me on his own initiative. Major Burroughs added during our one-to-one 1998 meeting inside his state agency office that he felt sure that I would be a better match for the Attorney General of Texas state agency as an employee than for the DPS. When I then applied for a legal secretary position at the Attorney General of Texas in downtown Austin, I was surprised and disappointed to learn that my application was rejected by that state agency. --jkm)

"TEXAS DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC SAFETY
"5805 N. Lamar Blvd Box 4087 AUSTIN, TEXAS 78773-0001
"512/424-2000

"THOMAS A. DAVIS, JR.
"DIRECTOR

"DAVID McEATHRON
"ASST. DIRECTOR

"FRANKE WALLER
"ASST. DIRECTOR"

"July 12, 2001

"Mr. John K. McMillan
P.O. Box 11517
Austin, Texas 78705

"Re: Public information request for records concerning illegal electronic surveillance of yourself since March 1986.

"Dear Mr. McMillan:

"Please be advised that after a thorough search of departmental files, we have been unable to locate any information responsive to your request. Since the Department has no information responsive to your request, I will be closing our file on this matter.

"Please feel free to contact me at (512) 424-2890, if you have any questions regarding your request for information.

"Sincerely,

"Allen W. Smiley
"Legal Assistant
"Office of General Counsel

"Enclosure."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please Leave Your Comments Here.